absolute best mushroom soup…. ever.
That’s right, another soup. But this is really the best soup ever, I promise. Achieving this creamy consistency is so simple when using my Vitamix, but would work beautifully with a normal blender as well. I only just got my Vitamix for Christmas so I pretty much need to purée everything in sight.
-24oz. mushrooms (any combination, but I used a mix of cremini and shiitake)
-3tbsp. olive oil, or coconut oil (depending on your preference)
-a couple sprigs of fresh parsley
-1qt. vegetable stock
-salt & pepper
1. Heat oil in a pot large enough for your soup over medium heat.
2. Slice the mushrooms, and add to the pot. Sauté the mushrooms until they have just released their moisture, but not browned.
3. Remove some of the mushrooms (about 1/4 cup) and set aside for a garnish at the end.
4. Season with salt & pepper, and add vegetable stock and parsley sprigs. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, but if you can wait, it’s really more flavorful after a full hour of simmering.
5. Remove the parsley sprigs, and transfer the soup to a blender (this may have to be done in 2 batches). Blend on high until completely creamy – which may take a couple minutes.
5. Divide and place reserved mushrooms in your soup bowls. Pour the hot soup over the mushrooms, and serve!
This is really the easiest, most comforting dinner that can be pulled together in an hour or less.